Saturday, May 10, 2008

Project!

So I know that is very hard to see, but all it says is something small and not really relevant. I had the brilliant (ok, not so brillant) idea to take a rock and write on the sidewalk. I didn't realize until after the project that sidewalk is indeed man-made, but it was all I could do! I found this project to only be difficult when it came to writing the essay. Amazingly, it only took me about 5 minutes to come up with this idea, and I realize it is not original, but time was not on my side here.

The part that was difficult was the essay part. I am still not sure if I did it correctly, but I really am hoping I did!

While doing this actually writing with the rock though, I thought about how happy I am that this is not something I have to do. I thought about Manguel's essay and how those people must have felt trying to articulate what they were feeling without the modern tools we have today. I am very thankful that this is not something that I have to deal with. Using the rock was tedious and hard to do. While pushing down, I actually jammed a finger and scrapped my hand. All in all, not a great experience!

1 comment:

Steven D. Krause said...

Actually, I like this picture, with the lighting and all.